The game feels fresher than before, and that feeling is likely to increase with the 5.01 update, which brings with it various new features and exciting changes.
Valorant Patch 5.01: Quick Overview
The biggest highlight of Patch 5.01 is probably the Agent buffs that affect Phoenix, Yoru, and KAY/O. In the case of the latter two, these are more "quality of life improvements," while Phoenix got changes that are sure to please every fan of that particular Agent.
Riot has also started testing the "Smurf Detection System" on the NA server. This Feature is supposed to be the primary tool for fighting smurfs, but we probably won't see it in other regions for at least two weeks.
Besides that, we also have 4 bug fixes touching Fade, Yoru, Sova, and performance issues.
Valorant Patch 5.01: Official Notes
Curveball (Q Ability)
- Flash Max duration increased to 1.5s (from 1.1s)
- Flash Windup decreased to 0.5s (from 0.7s)
Blaze (C Ability)
- Phoenix will now equip his weapon earlier if he stops bending his wall.
Run It Back (Ultimate Ability)
- Phoenix will now spawn at the marker with the amount of shields he had when the ability was cast.
- Increased duration of the Ultimate Ability to 12s (from 10s)
- Reduced unequip time to 0.8s (to 1.2s)
FRAG/ment (C Ability)
- Zone diameter reduced to 8m (from 10m)
- Damage now applies without needing line of sight
NULL/cmd (Ultimate Ability)
- Now, only allies will hear the full channel audio of reviving KAY/O, while downed. Enemies will only hear a short audio cue when the revive has started, matching a similar gameplay pattern to playing around ultimate orbs or tapping the bomb
- New Smurf Detection functionality added (North America).
This addition to our smurf detection systems is designed to make sure that new players (that means all new accounts) are matched up with players of the correct skill level, much faster than before. (source)
Improved Collision Behavior
- Improved collision behavior when walking next to or behind another player.
Twin Hunters Changes (Spike Rush)
- Twin Hunters in Spike Rush will now damage destructible walls.
- Fixed an issue where having the Raw Input Buffer setting enabled caused scrolling in chat or friends list to go directly to the top or bottom.
Fade Bug Fixes
- Fixed issue where Fade’s Haunt would sometimes reveal enemies that were on the other side of a thin wall.
Yoru Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug with Dimensional Drift where the invulnerability kicked in later than intended after it was cast.
Sova Bug Fixes
- Fixed issue with Sova’s Shock Bolt not damaging enemy traps and other game objects (other than players).