After seeing all these notes, we think that it's official – Episode 4 was the most groundbreaking Episode in the history of Valorant. And it's not over yet!
If you thought Act 3 was going to be all about Fade, new StatTrak skins, and a Battle Pass, you were wrong on so many levels. Riot has also decided to make some significant Agent and ranked changes in the upcoming 4.08 update, which goes live later today (April 27). We are already excited, as we are sure that these changes will significantly refresh the metagame.
Besides Fade going live, Riot decided to nerf three agents: Jett, Neon, and Sova.
- Upon pressing E, Jett consumes her Tailwind charge and after a .75 second delay, activates a 12-second window where she’s able to dash on the next key press
- Jett’s Tailwind charge can still be regained with 2 kills
- To keep parity with the changes to Jett dash, the functionality for Dash during Knife rounds in Escalation will be adjusted
- Battery energy received upon killing an enemy increased 25%>>>100%
- Slide cannot be cast during equip delay
- Velocity restriction removed
- Neon can now slide sideways and forward, and only requires that she is moving
- Energy drain increased 6.7/s>>>10/s
- Wall damage removed
- Duration reduced 10s >>> 7s
- Health reduced 125 >>> 100
- Number of reveal pings reduced 3 >>> 2
- Initial delay before first ping reveals increased 1.2s >>> 1.6s*
- *Delay between the first and second ping remains 1.2s
Quality of life
- Changed crosshair color to green to better stand out against the white HUD
- Removed delay on [Target Hit] confirmation text
- [Target Hit] confirmation text now remains on the player HUD when transitioning out of Owl Drone.
- [Target Hit] confirmation text now remains on screen for 2s, previously 1s
- Adjusted audio on drone dart hits for both Sova, and the player hit, to make confirmations more noticeable
- Fixed a bug with Owl Drone, where the Dart Cooldown UI element would not properly update after tagging an opponent
- Max Damage decreased 90 >>> 75.
- Radial damage has been scaled in accordance with the new max damage.
Agent's Ability Ammo
- Jett’s Bladestorm, Raze’s Showstopper, and Sova’s Hunter’s Fury will now show how much ammo they have left when equipped
- Reduced Rank Rating gain/loss penalty for different 5-stack configurations
|Ranks||RR penaltyfor all players|
|Diamond 3-Immortal 3||25%|
- Tuned matchmaking to reduce wait time for 5-stacks
- Fixed a bug where Jett could find herself unable to use abilities or weapons when using Tailwind immediately after depleting her Bladestorm daggers
- Fixed a bug where Yoru could teleport out of bounds when using Gatecrash
- Fixed various exploits allowing Yoru to use weapons before fully decloaking at the end of his ultimate
- Fixed a bug in the Shooting Range where bots would respawn unarmed