Not a lot of changes with this patch, but some much-needed quality of life changes are coming with Valorant patch 5.09.
Not all patch notes are filled with agent changes or map reworks, and Valorant patch 5.09 is definitely one of the least interesting in this regard. However, this doesn't mean it was a completely unnecessary patch.
There's plenty of bug fixes here to make the game experience much smoother, especially if you're a main of agents like Yoru, Skye, Sage, or even Reyna.
Valorant 5.09 Full Patch Notes
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s Cascade would sometimes disappear when looking away from it (hotfixed during 5.08 patch cycle).
- Fixed a bug where walking through Harbor’s Cove barrier was not blinding players at the intended distance (hotfixed during 5.08 patch cycle).
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s High Tide would have large gaps when cast in specific map locations.
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s Reckoning’s geysers would not spawn on the area where the player was standing.
- Throughout this year, Riot's periodically making improvements to Skye’s Seekers so that they more reliably and efficiently reach their target.
- Small changes were made to how Skye’s Seekers navigate around obstacles after they’ve visually acquired their target. If the target is intangible when the Seekers reach them, it will not debuff them. This includes Reyna while she is Dismissed and Yoru in Dimensional Drift.
- Fixed an issue where Yoru would still enter his stealth and intangible state if he was detained while casting Dimensional Drift. The detain now properly interrupts the cast.
- Fixed an issue where Fade could activate her Haunt and Seize projectiles to make them drop while she was Suppressed.
- Fixed an issue where Reyna would auto-heal after a kill while in Empress even though she was Suppressed.
- Fixed an issue where Sage could instantly break her Barrier by walling self into a corner.
And that's it! As mentioned, not a lot this week, but expect the next update to bring significant balance changes.
For more content: