The upcoming 5.04 Valorant patch will bring some nice quality-of-life changes, and potentially, a new casual mode to the game.
Valorant 5.04 promised a lot of quality-of-life changes. Despite not a lot of balance changes after a jam-packed 5.03 update, players can still expect some decent stuff coming their way.
Thanks to the PBE patch we have a glimpse into what Valorant patch 5.04 has to offer. Most are great QoL stuff as we mentioned, with the game being upgraded to Unreal Engine 4.26.
With all that said, let's dive deep into what we can expect from patch 5.04.
Valorant patch 5.04: Full Notes
Via the official Valorant Reddit, these are the changes that are most likely expected to make it to the update.
- The upgrade to Unreal Engine 4.26 is complete and it’s what you’ll play on during this PBE.
- Fixed a bug where Yoru’s Gatecrash would sometimes leave floor markers in incorrect locations
- Fixed a bug where Chamber's trademarks were not knifeable
Added the ability to select a custom crosshair color.
- Go to Settings >> Crosshair >> Primary, Aim Down Sights, or Sniper Scope
- On the drop down menu for color, select Custom and input the Hex Code (6-digit RGB) value of desired color
- If a non-Hex code is entered, crosshair will revert to the previous color
Added the ability to independently tune horizontal and vertical crosshair lines
- Go to Settings >> Crosshair >> Primary or Aim Down Sights >> Inner/Outer Length
- Disabling the middle “chain” icon enables independent tuning
- Left slider is for horizontal line and the right slider is for the vertical line
Added the ability to copy spectating player’s crosshair settings
- When spectating another player, type “/crosshair copy” or “/cc” to import the crosshair of the player you are spectating and save it as a new crosshair profile
- Increased the number of crosshair profiles available from 10 to 15
New Gamemode - Hurm
While this isn't confirmed, we can expect a new way to enjoy Valorant in the near future according to reliable sources like ValorLeaks. Hurm is an ability-enabled team deathmatch - the first to 100 wins.
NEW GAMEMODE: HURM | #VALORANT— ValorLeaks | Valorant Leaks & Info (@ValorLeaks) August 19, 2022
> Ability-enabled team deathmatch game mode. Which players will race to be the first team to 100 kills.
Valorant patch 5.04: Release Date
The patch is expected to drop on August 23. We'll have all the details once Riot confirms the official patch notes.
For more content: